On the contrary Manus is a Latin word for hand and cura is for care so that explain how the name 'manicure' come about. After learning so much about manicure, it finally down to our humble feet.
1) A pedicure starts with soaking your feet in water that is mixed with Dettol for 5 to 10 minutes.
2) Dab the feet dry with a clean towel
3) Remove any existing nail polish and check if there is any contra indication below the nail plate
4) Place a piece of clean tissues below the feet
5) File only the center of the nails in one direction using the coarser side of the emery board
6) Apply either cuticle oil or cream on all toes
7) Massage toe in circular motion
8) Wrap orange stick with thin layer of cotton & dip in water
9) Push the toes cuticle using the wrap orange stick (45 degree in small circular motion)
10) Use the cuticle knife to remove all dead skin on the toes plate (45 degree from the grove to the middle of the cuticle)
11) Using the cut release motion, cuticle nipper is use to remove dead skin.
12) Foot filing is done in one direction starting from the top to bottom.
13) Massage with massage oil or cream
a) Long effleurage massage using long sweeping strokes from ankle to knee moving from the front to the back of the leg with right hand on top & left hand below (3 times)
b) Fiction effleurage massage to leg using pressure from the finger & palm
c) Ankle outward kneading targeting at the ankle center (hole)
d) Leg outward kneading
c) Toe circulation is done by securing the leg via the top with thumb on the center of the leg
d) Use the thumb to hold firmly the highest joint upon clockwise & anti clockwise motion the toes are pull gently
e) Sore kneading targeting the middle of the leg by pushing outward
f) Leg circulation by securing the bottom of the leg & rotating the ankle in 3 large clockwise & anticlockwise directions
g) Push the leg to the front & back
h) Rolling motion by securing feet in between hands & moving side to side
i) The massage is finish off by the long effleurage massage using long sweeping strokes from ankle to knee moving from the front to the back of the leg with right hand on top & left hand below (3 times)
14) Use tissues to dab away the excess massage oil or cream
15) Polishing of nail ( The usage of base coat, 2 layers of colors coat & top coat )
With that I am going to have a mock test on Friday, wish me luck people….