Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I passed! I passed!

Not bad for a person who know nuts about manicure & pedicure just a few months ago. Toady I move into my next module MAKEUP. My 1st lesson was pretty dry with all the theories but it will get interesting as we move along. I promise!

Makeup is used to enhance our facial feature which in turn make us feel more confident. Everyone is unique therefore each individual should be approach base on their face shape, eyebrow shape, like, dislike, age, favorite colors and occasion. It is not ideal to apply makeup right after a facial.

Below are other contra- indication preventing makeup application
1) Skin disorder
2) Eczema
3) Bruising
4) Recent hemorrhage
5) Swelling and inflammation
6) Recent scar tissue
7) Cuts & abrasions
8) Recent operation
9) Eye disorder

In my examination, I will also be orally tested in
a) Preparation before makeup
b) Hygiene
c) Blending & matching of colors
& by the end of this module I am certified to provide Bridal make up, Evening make up, Day make up & Special Effect make up. COOL RITE : ))

Since the trainer do not want to scare us on our 1st class,
she started off with the simple Day Make up which included:
1) Make up base
2) Foundation
3) Loose powder
4) Eye color
5) Eye liner
6) Fake Eyelashes
7) Mascara
8) Eye brown
9) Blusher
10) Lip pencil
11) Lip color
12) Lip gloss- Step by step application


In makeup application foundation & eyebrow shaping is very important.

There is a total of 4 different type of eyebrow shaping
1) Arched: For a formal look
2) Rounded: For a sweet & soft look
3) Special Effect: For performance purpose
4) Straight: For super long shaped face


Our features is the best guide on where our eyebrow should start, arched & end.

1) Eyebrow should start in line with the corner of your nose. Measured by placing a pencil by the side of the nose plucking excess hair beyond the line.
2) The arched should be shaped by using the guide by the side of one's eye ball.
3) Eyebrow should end by placing the pencil on the corner of the nose touching the side of the eye.

Finally my Monday is over...........but do keep a look out for my next post on the 6 different types of face shape. Do not worry if you do not have the prefect face shape as contour cosmetic is the painless way to go. Its using the art of highlighting, shading & blushing for a 3 D effects.

I hope that will entice you to read my next post

No comments:

Post a Comment